Sclerotherapy (Leg Vein) Treatment Care Instructions
Post Treatment Care Instructions for Sclerotherapy (Leg Veins)
- The veins will look worse before they look better. Any discoloration can be expected to fade over weeks to months.
- Some bruising, redness, tenderness, and swelling at the site of injection can be expected. These will fade over a few days or weeks. 500mg of Vitamin C twice per day or 3 tablets of Arnica twice per day can reduce bruising.
- Any discomfort may be treated with Tylenol, Ibuprofen, or Aleve as you would normally use them.
- If you’re instructed to wear compression hose, please do.
- Walk and exercise normally.
- Avoid weight training and high impact aerobics for 1 week.
- No sun exposure on your legs for 72 hours.
- No hot tub, saunas, or hot bath tubs for 72 hours.
- Do not shave your legs until morning after treatment.
- Schedule your next treatment for 3 to 4 weeks out.