CO2 Laser Treatment Care Instructions
Pre Treatment Care Instructions for CO2 Laser
- Hydrate well by drinking plenty of fluids beginning 3 days before treatment.
- If you get fever blisters, start your preventive medication the day before treatment.
- Discontinue Tretinoin, Retin-A, and similar products 4 days before treatment.
- No tanning, tanning beds, or tanning creams for 2 weeks before treatment.
- No aspirin, Advil, Aleve, or similar medications for 7 days before treatment (Tylenol is OK).
- If you are on a prescribed anticoagulant, discuss with your doctor in advance.
- Bring a list of all your medications with you.
- Arrive with clean skin. No lotion, make-up, perfume, powder, oils or other products on the area to be treated.
- If you’ve been prescribed medications, wait to take them after you arrive and sign your consent forms.
Post Treatment Care Instructions for CO2 Laser
- Expect redness, swelling, and a sunburn sensation.
- Wash your skin with a gentle cleanser twice a day and pat dry (do not scrubb).
- You’ll be provided Stratacel to protect your skin and promote healing. Apply a thin film to the treated areas 2 times a day after cleansing. (Keep your Stratacel in the refrigerator; this helps cool your skin when applied.)
- You may apply Aquaphor as often as needed for comfort.
- You may apply cool compresses as needed for comfort.
- You may take Tylenol as usual for discomfort.
- Sleep with your head elevated or in a recliner for 1 week.
- Do not peel or pull loose skin.
- Keep yourself well hydrated.
- Avoid all sun exposure!
- If you go outdoors, wear sunblock with 30 to 50 SPF at all times.
- No heavy exercise for 1 week.
- Do not apply make-up for 1 week.
- Keep your scheduled appointment for recheck 1 week after the treatment.