Botox Treatment Care Instructions
Post Treatment Care Instructions for Botox
- Do not massage or apply pressure on the treated area for 6 to 8 hours after treatment
- Do no lie down for 3 hours after treatment
- Avoid rigorous exercise, extensive sun or heat exposure, and alcoholic beverages on treatment day
- Avoid facials and saunas for 24 hours after treatment
- Try to exercise your treated muscles for 2 hours after treatment. For example, practice frowning, raising your eyebrows, and squinting. (This helps work Botox into your muscles for maximum effect.)
- Headaches may occur. We recommend tylenol if you need something.
- If you develop a bruise, it will fade like any other bruise in about a week. If you have redness, it may last 1 to 2 days.
- Your treatment may take up to 14 days to take full effect although many people will see results in a few days.
- You may apply makeup as usual.
- If you have any swelling, you may use cold compresses 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off as needed.