Dermal fillers are a frequent topic of interest when we are discussing facial rejuvenation and anti-aging. My patients often ask if they will look natural after fillers are injected. The answer is yes! Not only will you look natural, but also more youthful and refreshed. Let’s talk facts about fillers.
Most cosmetic fillers are made of a natural substance in the skin called hyaluronic acid. As we age, our skin loses elasticity and underlying fatty tissue. The result is sagging, wrinkles, and loss of the natural shape of the face. Using fillers to replace this lost support and reshape the face can turn the clock back by years.
Dermal fillers can be used to fix a variety of concerns related to facial aging, including:
- Augmenting cheeks to lift and enhance their shape, restoring youthful fullness.
- Filling out depressions (hollows) under the eyes.
- Reducing scars from acne or chicken pox.
- Replacing volume to fill in the lower cheek or temple area.
- Reducing creases and wrinkles.
- Anti-aging effects by stimulating new collagen in the skin.
- Plumping and shaping thin lips, and smoothing lines around the edges of the lips.
Check out the graphics below to see some of the many ways fillers can be used!
Different fillers are used for different areas of the face and for a variety of purposes. They will last from 6 months to 2 years depending on the filler selected and the lifestyle of the individual. Patients who exercise a lot, smoke, or get too much sun may shorten the life of their filler. It is important to always wear SPF outdoors to prolong the life of dermal fillers.
February is Love Your Lips month at Elamar. Our special this month gives you a chance to try filler for luscious lips (or any other area) and get a free laser treatment for your hands. Come in for a consultation and I will answer any of your filler questions.