Many of our Decatur and Huntsville, AL, clients are singing the praises of dermal fillers such as JUVÉDERM®. That's because fillers can restore lost volume, smooth out lines and wrinkles, and generally take years off your appearance — all without surgery. Both women and men love that, with just a few injections, they can have fuller cheeks and lips, smoother under-eye areas, and fewer lines around the chin and mouth. Dermal fillers can provide long-lasting facial rejuvenation, often up to a year or longer.
Ready to schedule an appointment or consultation? You can now book online!
Or call us at (256) 686-9111.
Understanding Dermal Fillers
Young, healthy skin contains an abundance of a naturally hydrating substance called hyaluronic acid (HA). As you age, the amount of HA in your skin decreases, causing it to lose its structure and volume. This contributes to the development of unwanted folds and wrinkles.
Dermal fillers such as JUVÉDERM and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC are smooth HA gels that instantly restore volume and smooth away wrinkles.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC is the first FDA-approved dermal filler to instantly correct age-related volume loss in the mid-face for up to 2 years. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC is part of a family of filler products that contain lidocaine, a numbing agent, for enhanced comfort during your procedure.
Specifically, dermal fillers reverse the appearance of aging by . . .
- Hydrating your skin, which will plump, smooth, and nourish your face
- Stimulating new collagen production to restore firmness to your face and skin
- Adding volume to your face, lifting it and reversing sagging
- Tightening your skin, giving you younger looking skin
- Smoothing away fine lines and wrinkles
- Generally restoring a more youthful appearance
Dermal Filler Before & After Photos
To see more before-and-after photos of our dermal filler patients, visit our photo gallery.
Are You a Candidate?
Filler is a great option for women and men who want to restore or maintain a youthful appearance. It’s also excellent if you’re looking to avoid surgery; with filler you get immediate results with absolutely zero downtime.
Wondering How Much Filler You'll Need?
Fillers can be injected to target specific improvements . . .
- Improve lip volume and shape
- Reduce lines around the lips
- Lift and restore fullness and shape to the cheeks
- Enhancing facial contours and features
- Eliminate bags and dark circles under the eyes
- Reduce crow's feet (lines extending from the corners of the eyes)
- Restore a youthful appearance to the backs of hands
- Fill in recessed scars
- Reduce nasolabial folds (smile lines)
- And fill in marionette lines (mouth corners)
How to Choose the Right Filler for You
If you want to select the right filler, just think through a few simple questions.
- Do you want synthetic or natural (HA) filler? Permanent or semi-permanent?
- What improvement are you seeking? Bigger lips? Reduced wrinkles? Lifted cheeks? etc.
- Once you know these, find a doctor that specializes in non-surgical aesthetics – specifically filler.
- Then sit down with your doctor for a consultation and explain what you want, using your answers from the questions above.
- Different fillers are better for different things, so ask the doctor what he recommends. A good doctor will consider your objectives and recommend the best filler to reach your goals.
- Then trust your doc!
- The only other consideration would be budget, but this is also something to discuss during your consultation.
Your dermal filler experience at Elamar begins with a consultation, during which you'll undergo a skin analysis with our innovative VECTRA 3D imaging system. Using an image captured with our special camera, VECTRA software creates a lifelike 3D rendering of your face that allows you to view it from all angles. As you review it with Dr. Gill, you'll be able to select precisely which areas you'd like to treat.
Once you've drafted a treatment plan with Dr. Gill, your procedure can begin. Dr. Gill cleanses your face to prepare your skin for the injections. He then makes a series of injections throughout your face based on your treatment goals. Most of the fillers offered at Elamar come formulated with lidocaine, a local anesthetic, to greatly enhance your comfort.
Immediately after your appointment is over, you can return to your usual activities. You should be able to immediately appreciate your results, although some temporary swelling and bruising may be present. Depending on the products you've selected, your results may last between several months and 2 years. During your consultation, Dr. Gill will offer you a more specific timeline.
Marlin Gill, MDMeet the Doctor
Dermal Filler Safety
At Elamar, we offer only FDA-approved dermal fillers. These products are very safe when administered by an experienced medical professional such as Dr. Gill. Most of our clients say they experience minimal discomfort during and after the treatment. However, if side effects do occur, they are usually mild and short-lived. Hyaluronic acid is naturally present in your skin, so adverse reactions are highly uncommon. The most common side effects are temporary bruising and swelling at the injection site, which typically resolve within a few days. As with any medical treatment, other side effects can occur but are rare.
Visiting from Huntsville, Madison, or Florence?