Here’s everything you need to know about Botox®.
Ready to schedule an appointment or consultation? You can now book online!
Or call us at (256) 686-9111.
Botox® Quick Facts
- FDA Approved non-surgical injection
- #1 Selling cosmetic product in the world
- Very safe
- Painless, requires no anesthesia
- Used to prevent or treat fine lines & wrinkles
- Takes less than 30 minutes
- Begins to work within a few days
- Lasts for approximately 3 months
What is Botox®?
Only the greatest anti-aging tool ever created!
Actually, Botox® is a brand of botulinum toxin, a purified version of nerve poison produced by the bacteria that causes botulism.
That may sound scary, but don’t worry, it’s completely safe (See below).
It’s classified as a “neuromodulator”, but we like to think of it as a wrinkle eraser.
How Does Botox® Work?
Over time your skin loses elasticity and repetitive facial movement produces frown lines and furrows that turn into deep creases and unwanted signs of aging.
Botox® stops the muscle activity that produces these wrinkles – it prohibits nerves from delivering their signal to muscles by blocking the ability of the nerve ending to secrete acetylcholine, which the muscle needs to contract.
Basically, it allows your face to relax and minimizes scrunching movements that forms wrinkles.
Who Is Botox® For?
- 20 and 30 somethings wanting to prevent the signs of aging
- Those over 30 seeking to treat the signs of aging
- Anyone suffering from frequent migraines
- People with excessive underarm sweating
Wondering How Many Units You'll Need?
What Botox® Does: The Benefits
Works magic, that's what.
- Smooths unwanted frown lines and wrinkles that cause us to look tired, angry, and older than we feel
- Prevents wrinkles, deep folds and creases from forming
- Lifts and shapes the brow
- Creates a refreshed, energetic, more youthful appearance
- Helps you look relaxed and “happier” while still having plenty of facial expression
- Enhances your mood – studies have shown that reducing movement of frown muscles makes negative moods less likely to arise and harder to maintain
- Treats migraine headaches by reducing tension
- Decreases embarrassing underarm sweating
BOTOX Before & After Photos
Head over to our Gallery to see more Botox® Before & Afters.
The first is that getting Botox® will make you look unnatural; that you'll end up with a frozen face, droopy eyelids, or an uneven smile.
This should never happen! These unfortunate outcomes are easily avoided by getting Botox® from a skilled injector, like Dr. Gill ;).
Another concern is that people considering Botox® for the first time are unsure what it will look like on them.
If thats you, we recommend choosing an injector you trust, then just go for it! When performed properly, Botox® will help you look rested, friendly, and natural.
Check out this short video to hear Dr. Gill's thoughts on overcoming Botox® anxiety.
A typical appointment for BOTOX is brief, comfortable, and even enjoyable thanks to the superior service at Elamar. If it's your first visit, you'll receive a skincare analysis using the innovative VECTRA 3D imaging system. VECTRA allows you to see your face and skin from all angles, the way other people see it. With this knowledge, you can choose exactly which areas of your face you wish to address.
If you decide to have BOTOX Cosmetic, Dr. Gill first cleanses your face. He then carefully injects the product in and around your areas of concern. Each injection lasts for only a moment and feels a bit like a quick pinch. After your appointment, you may return to your regular activities immediately. However, you should take care to avoid bending or stooping or rubbing the treatment area for the remainder of the day, as this can disrupt your results.
The results of BOTOX take some time to develop, so you won't see an instant improvement. Instead, you can expect to see a noticeable improvement within 5 days or so. Depending on which areas you've had treated, your results may last as long as 4 months. You may return to Elamar for a touch-up appointment once you begin to see your wrinkles returning.
Marlin Gill, MDMeet the Doctor
Is Botox Safe?
Botox® is one of the most extensively studied medical aesthetic treatments. Its safety and efficacy have been evaluated in over 417 peer-reviewed articles in scientific and medical journals. It’s approved for cosmetic use in 78 countries. Botox® is also the #1 selling cosmetic product in the world.
Botox® has a long track record that aesthetic specialists know and trust.
That being said, possible side effects do include headaches and bruises. Any time you stick a needle in your face this can happen, but again, going to a good Doctor makes this very unlikely.
Other side effects can occur, but are extremely uncommon and are typically the result of malpractice.
In short, Botox® is very safe – as long as you get it from an approved and skilled physician.